I'm going to start doing videos on Bluebonnet Natural Healing Therapy and the first one is called "How to Get Enough Sleep."
Let me share some interesting things about sleep.
First, here is a chart from the National Sleep Foundation showing how much sleep each person needs by age:
What happens when we sleep?
- Muscle repair
- Memory consolidation
- Growth hormone activation
- Appetite hormone activation
How does sleep work?
- The period of time between being awake and fully asleep; dozing or light sleep
- Falling asleep; disengaging from surroundings; body temperature drops; heart rate and breathing are regular
- Deep sleep; blood pressure drops; breathing is slower; muscles relax; muscles repair and grow; energy is restored; hormones are released
- Same as #3
- Eye movements
- Muscles relax and the body becomes immobilized
- Cortisol levels drop, and elevate when it is close to time to wake up