In my last post, I wrote how Roundup and Roundup ready genetically modified grains were completely destroying the nutrition value in plants and causing reproductive issues in the animals that ate them. Dr. Don Humer, a retired plant scientist and professor at Purdue stated in an interview in May 2010 that it was just a matter of time before we start seeing very serious ramifications from Roundup and Roundup ready GM seeds. Just 18 months later, we are.
Roundup works by destroying the plant's defense system against disease. All the minerals that plants use to boost its immune system are stripped away, leaving the plants vulnerable to disease, fungi, plagues, and opportunistic weeds. In fact, according to the Institute of Science in Society, there has been an explosion of Roundup resistant "super weeds" that are wiping out farm profits and crop yields.
Animals and humans are eating this.
What have we begun to see?
- Botulism in feedlot cattle, because the Roundup in the grain is killing the healthy gut bacteria
- A new fungus in alfalfa is causing Sudden Death Syndrome, miscarriages and other fertility issues in cattle
- An entirely new microorganism is also causing an alarming abortion rate in several kinds of livestock. It's causing sterility in bulls. If this continues, it will have a real impact on the amount of commercially available meat in grocery stores
- An alarming increase in miscarriages and fertility issues in the US over the past ten years
- Soil ecology, plant ecology, microbial ecology, and intestinal ecology in animals and humans are all being compromised by the deadly pathogens now being created from glyphosate
- Salmonella outbreaks in egg farms have increased
- GMO foods are being linked to autism